Woodward L-Series Trim Valves
The L-Series trim valves provides a flexible control solution for applications including air/fuel (A/F) ratio control, pressure control and certain other process or position control functions. It provides a suitable replacement for mechanical systems that need more flexibility in control strategy. The L-Series trim valves are designed for industrial applications ranging from generators and mechanical drives to pumps and compressors.
The Woodward L-Series Trim valves come in 16 and 22 mm and combine the L-Series electric actuator with integrated control software to function as:
- Air/fuel ratio controller of a gaseous-fueled engine
- Full-authority air/fuel ratio controller (control of differential pressure)
- General purpose process controller (pressure, flow, temperature, load, or level)
The L-Series has a microprocessor-based controller incorporated into the actuator, creating a single integrated package. For models with process control logic, this eliminates the need for an additional driver box and A/F ratio control box. Models with posiotion control logic can be used with a A/F control box.
Apart from the hardware variant of the Woodward L-series, the L-series A/F controls comes in two variants in terms of control logic:
- Position Control (accepting a PWM or 0-5 V position command)
- Process Control (accepting a process signal, e.g. O2 or pressure)